The Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) is planning to upgrade East 42nd Avenue between Lake Otis Parkway and Florina Street (see map below). The project will be designed and constructed in phases. Phase 1 project limits are from Lake Otis Parkway to Piper Street and includes the water main replacement. Phase 1 also includes ditch regrading and replacing all the culverts along East 42nd Avenue west of Lake Otis Parkway. Phase 2 project limits are from Piper Street to Florina Street.
Improvements are expected to include:
- New road foundation
- New asphalt pavement
- New storm drain system
- New pedestrian facilities
- Improved street lighting
- 3,000 feet of water main replacement
The MOA has contracted with CRW Engineering Group, LLC to provide preliminary engineering and design services. The project is funded through the Final Design for Phase 1 and 65% Design for Phase 2. No funding for construction has been received at this time.
How to get involved:
- Attend a public open house meeting.
- Attend your monthly University Area Community Council Meeting. Go to this page to see current agendas.
- Sign up for email updates: Select the link at the bottom of this page to sign up.
- Contact us anytime with comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Anchorage Transportation Fair
Thursday, January 23rd2020
Alaska Airlines Center