The Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) is planning to upgrade East 42nd Avenue between Lake Otis Parkway and Florina Street (see map below). The project will be designed and constructed in phases. Phase 1 project limits are from Lake Otis Parkway to Piper Street and includes the water main replacement. Phase 1 also includes Fish Creek regrading and replacing all the culverts along East 42nd Avenue west of Lake Otis Parkway. Phase 2 project limits are from Piper Street to Florina Street.
Improvements are expected to include:
- New road foundation
- New asphalt pavement
- New storm drain system
- New pedestrian facilities
- Improved street lighting
- Phase 1 water main replacement
The MOA has contracted with CRW Engineering Group, Inc. to provide preliminary engineering and design services. The project is funded through the Final Design for Phase 1 and 65% Design for Phase 2. Phase 1 construction funding is contingent on the Anchorage Road and Drainage Service Area (ARDSA) bond passing on April 2, 2024. If Phase 1 funding is secured then construction is anticipated to begin in approximately June 2024.
How to get involved:
- Attend a public open house meeting.
- Attend your monthly University Area Community Council Meeting. Go to this page to see current agendas.
- Sign up for email updates: Select the link at the bottom of this page to sign up.
- Contact us anytime with comments or questions at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
No meetings scheduled at this time.
PAST MEETINGS & DOCUMENTS
Open House #4
Anchorage Transportation Fair